shelbert

Where To Sell Frankoma?

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can sell a few of my Frankoma pieces besides Ebay? Ebay makes you use PayPal for payment and won't let you accept checks or money orders anymore. I have had problems with PayPal in the past and don't want to have to use that payment method. Just was wondering if there might be any other options out there? Any ideas would be helpful! Thank you![/

That is not quite correct. Ebay requires one of 3 payment methods and Paypal is only one of them:

"Sellers must offer to accept one or more of the following payment choices:

PayPal

Credit or debit card processed through an Internet merchant account

ProPay"

If you choose not to use eBay, there are other online auctions (IIRC, Yahoo has auctions, for example), and you might also try Craigslist. However, don't expect to get anywhere near the visibility for your item that you'll get on Ebay. Ebay can make their own rules specifically because they're so successful at creating visibility for their product.

Thanks for your input. After having a bad experience with PayPal, I would not recommend anyone to use PayPal as a seller. I had never heard of "ProPay" before but looked it up after I read your post. But ProPay is exclusively for powersellers only. So, for someone like me just wanting to sell a couple of things, this isn't an option. And an online merchant account you pretty much have to be a business to set up a credit card payment method. So, none of those work for a small seller. I find it odd that Ebay won't let you accept money orders for selling your own stuff. Telling sellers pretty much what they can do. I think they will lose some business that way. I know that I won't be using them. I was hoping to find a sight where people just buy and trade Frankoma. But have had no such luck. It would be cool though if there was a sight just for that purpose. As many Frankoma collectors as there are out there. That would be a cool deal. Anyways, thanks for your response.