Aaron Barnett

Prime Rib As Featured "snack"

I am having a small party after a church event and with 12 Adults to our house. It is something where we will walk in and most everything needs to be ready to roll. (later on in evening) I want to cook some prime rib and have it finishing up the last hour while we are at church, walk in and pull it out and cut it. I do not want a sit down dinner, but this is our evening meal. I want people to fix their plate, walk around, talk, play with kids, etc. ANYWAY, does anyone have some ideas for what else to serve with this for a christmas affair? I would love any feedback, remember I have to be able to prepare it in advance.

Thanks

Must it be prime rib? Would you consider Beef Tenderloin instead? It roasts very quickly (45 to 60 minutes). You could take it out of the refrigerator when you leave for church so that it will be at room temperature when you return. Set you oven for 425F before you leave so that immediately upon returning, you can put it in the oven. Then get out various appetizers that you have made ahead, such as Spicy Marinated Shrimp, a cheese ball, Red Salmon dip, crackers, a vegetable tray. In no time, your tenderloin will be ready. After it has rested for about 15 minutes, it will be ready to slice thinly and serve with bakery rolls. You can have an assortment of mustards and sauces at hand. Here are some recipes you can consider:

Beef Tenderloin

Spicy Marinated Shrimp

Fantastic Cheese Ball

Red Salmon Dip

Creamy Horseradish Chive Sauce

And, of course, you'll need some desserts. I suggest you visit our Holiday Recipes page. These and many other recipes are linked there.

You could have this same menu with your prime rib, but prime rib is not as easy for your guests to eat, no matter how tender. They'll need to sit down at a table somewhere so they can use a knife and fork.

I hope that, at least, this will give you some ideas.