misspatty86

Great Music To Listen To While Cooking

What do you like to listen to while cooking? Lately I have been listening to a lot of country and really love this new song called Anything Goes that i have been listening to while cooking. He has some great music. Check it out at myspace.com/randyhouser and take a listen. Hes great. Let me know what you think.

Patty umgd

I don’t know how it took me so long but I finally really starting to get into Texas Red Dirt. I have always been into country but never realized how great Texas Red Dirt is until a couple months ago. Lately I have been really into Eli Young Band. Their newest album, Jet Black and Jealous, which was recently released by umg, is definitely one of my favorite albums this year. My favorite song on the album is “When It Rains”: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztHNs_b_sy0 . It is definitely worth checking out if you aren’t already familiar with the band.

http://www.imeem.com/eliyoungband

Let me know what you think or if you have any other recommendations!

Yesterday one of my friends was telling me that his video for Anything Goes is going to be on CMT’s Powerpicks tomorrow at 10am EST and people can vote for it when they watch it so just wanted to rally up some support for one of my favorite country artists that’s all.

http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/cmt_power_picks/series.jhtml

Great thread!

For me this year, when I've been doing major cooking in the kitchen, it's time to

play - at loud volume - Rufus Wainright's spectacular concert Rufus Rufus Rufus: Rufus Does Judy in Carnegie Hall , which covers exactly Judy Garland's famous Judy Judy Judy concert from Carnegie Hall.

rufus.jpg

By the way, this album was included in last week's Grammy nominations - it is nominated for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album.

Keep on cooking!

Steve

Jazz complements cooking quite nicely, but it depends on what one is cooking. Hard rock for spicy foods, classical music for mellow-flavored comfort food, Chinese instruments for Chinese dishes, etc. lol

I like the group MGMT while im cooking...it has a hip funky, jazz, kinda Prince, the singer, feel to it and its makes cook a relaxing and fun

Since i love mellow songs, everytime when I do cooking I kept on playing music and sing along with it from the heart :) , and there I can see the magic of my cooking :o it really really taste good, really it is :) ,,,,, try it :) .....

I agree with Charbroiled! Loud and fun music gets me more into the cooking. I especially like to have the music video channel on so I can glance up at some cool videos :D

What about BBQ'ing? I love this guy Bucket and Co. (used to be in Bad Company), good BBQ rock! www.myspace.com/bucketco.

What do you BBQ to??