ChilliAnything

Do You Ever Use "low-fat" Alternatives?

I do not. I find that the difference in calories doesn't make up for the difference in quality of the end product. Personally, I have found that portion control is more important to me than the insignificant number of calories shaved off by using sugar-free or fat-free products. However, I drink skim milk because I prefer it. But for baking or cooking or making candy, I use whole milk or the 2% my husband drinks.

That can be true with some products, they sacrifice taste for the "fat-free" or "low-fat" label. Not sure if you have tasted the 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese. It is made with the same milk/cream as the regular Philadelphia, so it is just as rich. If have also been disappointed with "light" products before, but this was not a let down. :wub:

I have progressive MS and the first thing the neurologist told me was NOT to injest ANYTHING that is sugar free so I don't do it for health reasons, but I wouldn't anyway. The few calories that you might save are not worth the difference in a recipe.