BKmom

Help!

This past week our family was staying at a vacation home of an acquaintance and we accidentally broke a large gingerbread mug. When I told the owner she sadly remarked that it was a frankoma gingerbread mug that was a limited edition. I, desperately, want to find her a replacement for the mug but I can't find it anywhere (not even a picture of the mug!) Any ideas? I've tried ebay but to no avail. :( I don't even know the pattern name or what I should call it!

Help!!!!

Can you describe the mug? Color, shape, etc. Also, just because you don't find it on eBay today doesn't mean it won't be there tomorrow. You can keep an eye on eBay -- just look at each day's new listings for Frankoma -- and see if it shows up.

I am not familiar with a piece called a Gingerbread Mug, but lots of people are reading this forum. If another reader knows more about this mug, please enlighten us.

Were you ever able to find out more about this mug? I used to work at Frankoma. The gingerbread mug was not technically a "Frankoma" piece. It bore the name and had the Frankoma design/clay but was made for another company, and after a while, I believe the Frankoma name was removed (it's been a few years since I was there, and my brain has gotten fuzzy). They also changed the design a bit each year, and they *were* handpainted, so there are quite a few variations out there. HTH

This is not correct. The Gingerbread pieces were made by Frankoma using Frankoma clay so they are true Frankoma pieces. They were made for another company, but that's not the determining factor of what's a 'true' Frankoma piece. After all, Frankoma make commercial logo items all the time and no one says they're not true Frankoma items.

The Gingerbread line was a hand painted line of ware produced only for a very short time (a year or two) due to the time and expense of hand painting the pieces. As far as I know, total production was fairly low, so you don't see them all that often.