Sign in to follow this  
adonaikees

Need Help With Value Of Items

I just purchased a couple of trivets. One has the Rotary International emblem on the front. On the back, it says "District - 611 George Bayless Governor 1971-1972 Frankoma" The other has the Rotary emblem overlaid with "District 611 Convention Muskogee 1972" with the Great seal of the Muskogee Nation I.T. on the front. On the back it says "George Bayless District Governor 611 1972 Frankoma" and the "6" in "611" is backward. Can anyone give me an idea of the value of these pieces? Thanks, MeLinda

Frankoma has made a large number of commemorative and advertising pieces over the years (reaching as high as 1/3 of sales in some years) so there are pieces out there from more companies than you can shake a stick at.

If the piece is a custom decorative piece (like the famous Keebler cookie jars), it has some intrinsic value. In addition, the very early pieces are often quite rare and valuable (like the early milk pitchers). If they commemorate some famous event, they would have some value (such as the signed Oklahoma pieces to celebrate Oklahoma's debut on Broadway).

Other than that, they are not typically very valuable. They are most likely to be valuable to someone with an interest in that particular event or group. The backwards 6 is the only thing that makes this seem interesting, but I don't have any idea if that alone is enough to make it valuable. I suspect not.