Guest mary barrows

Cowboy Candy

Guest mary barrows

:banana: I was the happy recipient of a jar of "cowboy candy" which was purchased at the Washington County Fair in Brenham, Texas in 2003.

I live in Traverse City, Michigan and it was a hit at a Summer party. It is a jellied spread/relish made with jalapenos, onions and whatever. It is not blended like pepper jelly but I did put it on cream cheese and served it as an appetizer. If any kind soul can get me the recipe, I would be so very grateful.

Guest tammy

Here's the recipe I have:

4 lbs fresh jalapenos

2 lbs diced onions

1/2 cup vinegar

1 1/2 cup water

6 to 8 cups sugar

2 tbs mustard seed

1 teaspoon tumeric

2 teaspoon celery seed

1 tablespoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon ginger

Put jalapenos and onions in a pot with water and vinegar

Boil until tender - about 15 minutes may need to add more water and vinegar

Drain - add sugar and spices

Boil about 20 minutes

let cool

I just had some of this recipe yesterday and haven't made it myself - it was good!

:banana: I was the happy recipient of a jar of "cowboy candy" which was purchased at the Washington County Fair in Brenham, Texas in 2003.

I live in Traverse City, Michigan and it was a hit at a Summer party. It is a jellied spread/relish made with jalapenos, onions and whatever. It is not blended like pepper jelly but I did put it on cream cheese and served it as an appetizer. If any kind soul can get me the recipe, I would be so very grateful.

Pursuant to registration Number 3,738,661, W.H.H. Ranch Co. is the legal owner of the U.S. registered trademark of Cowboy Candy for jalapeno based food products/recipes. It has come to our attention that your product/recipe has been using the COwboy Candy name in violaion of this U.S. registered trademark.

You are hereby commanded to cease and desist your use of the Cowboy Candy name on any and all of your products/recipes that are jalapeno based food. Failure to do so will reslult i W.H.H. Ranch Co. legal enforcement of its trademark without further notice to you. Thank you , Elizabeth Burch Hamzy, W.H.H. Ranch. Our address is P.O. Box 311, Shepherd TX 77371

GRRR, the cougar is coming out. I didn't know that they invented jalapeno based products?

Oh no, there goes my Atomic Buffalo Turds (ABT), (Jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese, a little Smokie on top, wrapped in bacon, sprinkled with Magic Dust and smoked at 250 until bacon is done), my Jalapeno jelly (Knott's Berry Farm), my Quarter pounder (I measured it), my fried chicken (KFC and Popeye's), chicken nuggets (BTW Mickey D's didn't invent them in 1950).

Who does the Chef Salad belong to?

If somebody thought one of my recipes was worth cloning, I would take that as a compliment. :D