Sign in to follow this  
grandmastreasures

Collectible Frankoma Pen Holder?

I have a shiny black object that I'm thinking must be a pen holder or mini vase. On the bottom is 'Frankoma #32.' It measures only 4 1/2 inches tall and is 1 1/4 inches diameter at the top and 2 1/4 inches diameter at the base.

Has anyone seen one of these and can help me identify it for a listing on my website www.grandmastreasuresonline.com.

<_<

You have a #32 bud vase that was made from 1953-1975. Check the clay color on the bottom, then we can narrow down it's age. Light tan would make it 1953, brick red would be from 1954 on. If it is red clay the lighter it gets the newer the piece.

Hope this helps.

You have a #32 bud vase that was made from 1953-1975. Check the clay color on the bottom, then we can narrow down it's age. Light tan would make it 1953, brick red would be from 1954 on. If it is red clay the lighter it gets the newer the piece.

Hope this helps.

This helps a lot! Thank you! The bottom is brick red so now I know my piece is 1954-1975.

If you ever want to make comments on my Blog: www.collectibletreasuresblog.com on any of the Frankoma articles, I would welcome experts like you!

:)

Glad to be of help, especially to a fellow Coloradan. If the clay is very dark red it is closer to the mid 50's and 60's. The lighter or pinker it gets is into the 70's and 80's as the clay deposit changed. Also they started using an additive in the clay to strengthen it around 1980 and this made the clay turn even lighter. For history on Frankoma pottery, color glaze years and clay type info visit my web site Madrushn's Frankoma Collector Page.

Take care

This is so helpful! And yes - from one Coloradan to another! I just went back into my admin page and changed the price and added some of your details. It has very dark red clay so I'm saying it is 1950 mid 1960's on the description. Thank you!

I also checked out your web page - that is very nice! I am going to link to it on my blog for wonderful Frankoma history and tribute. It would be awesome if you wanted to link back to my frankoma category on my website www.grandmastreasuresonline.com or at least www.collectibletreasuresblog.com under the Frankoma articles. If not - that's ok too. At any rate, I would LOVE for you to register and make a comment in that category on the blog as you are an expert! It is relatively new and I think I'm talking to myself. :)

I will be happy to link back to your page. That is what this type of forum is for, for all to share and learn. An informed collector is a better collector!

Take care