poolerebecca

New Frankoma Fan

I recently became the proud owner of approximately 75 pieces of frankoma pottery. It is two tone green and brown. One of the pieces has C7 on the bottom with the frankoma stamp and one has 77a with the frankoma stamp. Is this enough imformation to help identify the pattern? thanks so much.

Lucky you! Your 77A is a fireside pitcher and just happens to be one of my personal favorite Frankoma pieces. There is a # 77 fireside vase that matches the pitcher. Your C7 is what is referred to an "open stock" cup that is not tied to any pattern but was available for ordering if you wanted a different style of mug or cup than what originally came with the dinner sets. These C cups were various styles and numbered from C1-C20 and a C-33. As for a pattern the only items that are a "pattern" are in the dinnerware collections which start with mold numbers:

4 for Lazybones, 5 For Plainsman, 6 for Westwind, 7 for Mayan- Aztec and 94 for Wagon Wheels.

Now if by pattern you mean glaze color that sounds like it is Prairie Green.

Here is a photo of my 77A in Prairie Green.

Hope this helps! God Bless... Madrushn

Frank_77A_PG.jpg

Knowing when the various glaze colors were used along with a piece's production run timetable, the type of manufacturer's mark and the type of clay used helps determine the age of a Frankoma piece.

The #77A Fireside Pitcher was made from 1942 to 1979. If your pitcher is Ada clay (pre-1955), then it is one of the earlier pieces and, therefore, worth more. Book value for the #77A in Ada clay is $100-125. In Sapulpa clay, it's worth $75-85.