Sign in to follow this  
wahkontah

Frankoma Indian Maid With Bowl In Purple

I am new here so bare with me. I'm trying to post, but don't seem to know what I am doing..

Anyway I have a frankoma indian maiden in purple she is sitting down looking at a bowl. She is marked Frankoma on bottom with the numbers 123. I need some info on this items please.. Thank you

I am new here so bare with me. I'm trying to post, but don't seem to know what I am doing..

Anyway I have a frankoma indian maiden in purple she is sitting down looking at a bowl. She is marked Frankoma on bottom with the numbers 123. I need some info on this items please.. Thank you

You have an Indian Bowl Maker #123. There are 2 versions of this piece. The first was made between 1934-1953 which would be light tan Ada clay on the bottom without any glaze. The second version was a re-issue and was made after 1974. If it is a true solid purple than I would guess it was the newer version in plum which dates it after 1994 and puts it in the $25 range. Where as the older piece could be worth $150 or more. Again a picture would help a lot.

Hope this helps, God Bless Madrushn