AAnnie1950

Best Chocolate Pie Ever

Chocolate Pie

Makes, two Pies

Very Good

By: Linda

2/3 cup Coca 6 Egg Yolks (beaten ,no Yellow )

2 cups Sugar 2 1/4 cups of Water

2/3 cup Flour 2 cups canned milk

1 Tablespoon Vanilla

In sauce pan or double boiler,,,Add: Coca, Sugar, and Flour. ( Mix Well ). Add:Egg Yolks, 1/4 cup of Water, (Mix Well) , till smooth but not thick. Add: Canned Milk, 2 cups Water, and mix real good. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly,, so it want stick... Cook it until it thickens and bubbles all over. ADD: Vanilla. Pour into ALREADY Backed, Pie Shell..( BAKE PIE SHELL ,TILL LIGHT GOLDEN BROWN ; 350-375 *

Meringue for 2 Pies

Very Good

By: JoAnn Rankin

6 Egg Whites (WITH NO YELLOW)

Dash of Salt

Marshmallow Cream (equal too) 14 oz.

1 teaspoon Vanilla

In Mixer, Add: Egg Whites, Salt. Beat on low, until frosty like foam.. Add: Marshmallow Cream a little at a time,,, beat on Medium , until stiff peaks form... Add: Vanilla, a little bit at a time.. Don't over beat.. Put on COOLED Pie Shell: Bake at 350* for 12-15 minutes or golden brown.. Cool Pie, Completely before cutting.

Well, I just can't ignore this opportunity to post "my" Chocolate Meringue Pie recipe. This recipe is in TexasCooking.com's Grandma's Cookbook. I have been making it for the past 30 years, and it never disappoints.

Deep Chocolate Meringue Pie

This is one of the best pies you will ever make, especially if you're a chocolate lover. Its ingredients do not depend on any season, and it is mouth-wateringly good served warm or cold.

* 1-1/2 cups sugar

* 1/2 cup cocoa powder

* 1/4 teaspoon salt

* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour

* 4 eggs, separated

* 2 cups whole milk

* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

* 1 9-inch baked pie shell, cooled

* Meringue (see below)

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Sift together the sugar, cocoa, salt and flour in mixing bowl and set aside.

Separate all four eggs. Set egg whites aside in a large bowl for the meringue (see Notes, below). Put the yolks in a heavy saucepan and beat well with a fork or whisk. Then stir in the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the milk, adding just a little at a time to keep mixture smooth.

Cook mixture over medium heat, and add vanilla when it begins to boil. Boil, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; beat out any lumps that may have formed.

Pour into baked pie shell and top with meringue while filling is still hot. Bake in 350°F oven until meringue is lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes.

Note: For the meringue, see the following: Meringue. To avoid a "weeping" meringue, do not allow the filling to cool before putting on the meringue.

Although this recipe calls for whole milk, I have used 2-percent milk with very good results.