skoontz92

Frankoma 45g

Our family found a piece of Frankoma pottery in our Grandmother's basement when she died and we would like to know more about it. On the bottom is stamped "Frankoma 45G". Can anyone help us identify this piece? I do not have the piece in question so can not post a picture.

Thank you in advance for any information.

Shannon

So far I have been unable to find any reference to a #45G piece of Frankoma. There's a #45H set of salt & pepper shakers, and also a #45 12-inch oblong planter, but no #45G. Some pieces are so heavily glazed on the bottom that the backstamp is obscured. This may be the problem with your piece. It would be helpful to know what it is (vase, jar, planter, whatever). And, of course, if someone could post a photo, it would be very helpful.

Thank you for the response. I need to make a correction though. The stamp on the bottom is "25G" not 45. I made a mistake in my original post. It is a Jar with a lid, about 5 inches tall and is brown and green in color. I am trying to get a picture this weekend to post if I can. Sorry for the mistake.

I made a mistake on this piece. It is stamped "Frankoma 25 G" on the bottom. It is a jar with a lid, brown and green in color and about 5 inches in height. I'm so sorry for the confusion.

Shannon

Skoontz --

Ah. What a difference a number makes. The 25G is a canister with lid (described as a grease or sugar canister). The color you describe is Prairie Green. Frankoma made this canister from 1960 to 1974, and its book value is $35-40. This piece is part of a set including 25C (coffee), 25F (flour), 25S (sugar) and 25T (tea). All the canisters have lids.