Brick

Almond Toffee

I made this fabulous recipe last year for the first time and it was perfect...this year I have made three batches... I am out of almonds now and still don't have a good outcome. Followed the recipe to a T and it just did not blend back in after adding almonds. Anyone have any pissible answers to what I did wrong

I'm gonig to assume you're referring to our Almond Toffee with Chocolate recipe in Grandma's Cookbook at this link: http://www.texascooking.com/recipes/almondtoffee.htm

I've made this many times, and have never had it fail. The ingredients in this recipe are so few and so simple that it's hard to imagine what could have made the difference. Are you using the same stove top burners, the same pan? (I cannot overemphasize the importance of a very heavy saucepan when making candy.) If it's not blending properly after you add the almonds, then it sounds like you're not getting enough heat. (You really do have to stir it vigorously, but I'm sure you know that if you made it before.) Was it humid in your kitchen? Moisture in the air can really affect the success of candy.

You did not describe the result that you got, other than it wasn't a "good outcome." Maybe you can let us all know what kind of results you did get in your three unsatisfactory batches of toffee.