okiepinokie

Question About A Leaf Platter

Hello all...it's me again.... I also got a palm leaf shaped platter in prarie green ( I think). The leaf is approx. 19 inches long. The back is marked: FRANKOMA T11. It is really pretty . Any information on this piece would be helpful. Thanks, Patti okiepinokie

The T11 Palm Leaf Tray was made from 1960 to 1967, so it was produced in the red Sapulpa clay. But, you're right; this is a beautiful, impressive piece. The T11 is part of the Trade Winds series that Frankoma made for the Polynesian-themed restaurant at the Trade Winds Motel in Tulsa. There's an article here that is informative and pictures most of the pieces in the series, including the Palm Leaf Tray. You'll notice that the mold numbers all begin with the letter "T".

Book value for the T11 is $50-$60. Some of the pieces in the Trade Winds series run into the hundreds of dollars and are highly prized collectibles.

Thank you so much! When I saw that piece on the ground (at an estate sale) I was really excited. Good things seem to be in the strangest places! I appreciate the time and the information you have given me. I really enjoyed reading the article. Patti