Kimberly

Fried Pies

Kimberly --

Yes. There's plenty of dried fruit to be found in the supermarket: apples, peaches, apricots, cranberries, cherries, and more. Some people who have learned to use dehydrators make their own.

I hope you are considering making fried pies, because I highly recommend them. There's a recipe for Fried Pies on TexasCooking.com which comes from an article called Nothin' Says Lovin' Like a Warm Fried Pie. With that information, you can really turn out some wonderful treats.

Yes, I am simmering my fruit at this very moment. The dough was very hard to get to stay together in a ball so I am alittle concerned about it working out right, but we will see. I will let you know how they come out.....................

Well, I made them, but the dough on this recipe didn't turn out for me. I couldn't get it to stay together. But I found another and made it. They were great. I made lemon, cherry and apple last night ( 9 all together). Just now I made about 20 more. This time apple, lemon and chocolate.

I'm sure you're making lots of people happy with your fried pies. If you were using the recipe I linked, I don't understand why the dough wouldn't hold together. I've used that recipe many times with no problem. I've often thought, though, that you could probably use just standard pie pastry, and that would work, too.

Yeah, not sure why mine didn't turn out, but the one I am using is great and yes I am making lot of people happy. I am simmering more apples to make more at this moment..LOLOL................Kimberly

Yeah, not sure why mine didn't turn out, but the one I am using is great and yes I am making lot of people happy. I am simmering more apples to make more at this moment..LOLOL................Kimberly

Real simple, roll out canned biscuits and put jam, or jelly in the flat.

Wet the edges with water and fold crimp with fork. Deep fry, pretty good.