dale

Frankoma Miniature Scotty Planter/dog

Howdy ya'll new to the board...hope ya'll can help me out...I got a 3 inch high by 4 inch wide scotty dog in a prairie green unmarked..looks to be a miniature planter or mini scotty dog with a hole in his back for firing?....I cant find this dog anywhere in my books....can anyone help...can send pics if needed.....another mystery...

I also have a greyhound planter I know frankoma made the greyhounds but i was told by the frankoma museum in oklahoma this wasnt made by frankoma they didnt make the planter.....does anyone know who may have made the greyhouns planters...this is marked 226 then a backwards2...i believe it may be heager titanuim grey but cant confirm...Thanks Mrs T

I'm afraid I can't solve your mystery. I don't think your scottie dog is Frankoma. Frankoma made four miniature flower holders (elephant, hobby horse, duck and fish), all in 1942. They also made terrier and English setter figurines about the size of yours, but without holes in the top. Your greyhound planter is also a mystery, to me anyway.

I know it's not very helpful, but at least you know Frankoma didn't make your pieces.

Thank you for letting me know....This lil guy is cute I also found a pottery baby chick planter in green unmarked with the word easter on side.....love to know who they might be by....I have a bit of frankoma pottery...just got the sitting puma!...love frankoma pottery....Mrs T