lateblmr

Aladdin's Lamp

This item is an Aladdin's Lamp candle holder, approx. 6" long, 3 1/2" wide, a 'hook' handle that is not closed, a raised candle holder in the bottom, and a pouring lip. Around the top edge of the item in raised print it says CHRIST THE LIGHT (top) OF THE WORLD (bottom). On the bottom (in raised letters) it says ORAL ROBERTS, 19 TULSA 71, and in the center of these two scrips is FRANKOMA. It is browm with peach. I have had it for years, and was cleaning out for a grarage sale. Could this be something of interest?

Thank you.

lateblmr

Your candle holder is a commemorative piece that Frankoma made for Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma. To my knowledge, this piece has no mold number, and I have been unable to find it listed in any of my books. However, these do appear on eBay frequently. Since it can easily be dated to 1971 -- not old by Frankoma standards -- and is fairly common, I would imagine its monetary value to be fairly low. Here is a photo I have just found of this piece in a current eBay auction.

fr_oralroberts_lamp.jpg