ElfWorks

Hey! Where Is Everyone?

Hello ElfWorks and plm.

Just joined today. Is this site one of the "best kept secrets"?

I'm (as a neighbor calls me) a real native born Texan. She's from Chicago. I was researching some Tx history and came on this site. I plan to stay in touch. Stay cool.

I'm glad you like the site. More and more people are finding us. We have lots of Native Texans, like yourself, but our readers are from all over the US and the world, even.

Many Texas Cooking fans are homesick Texans that are forced to live out of state for whatever reason. They use the site to keep in touch and get their Texas fix. Lots of people find us while searching for a recipe "like mother used to make." Recipes like that are one of our strengths, and our cookbook is full of them.

This Conference Area has newly-updated software, so I hope everyone finds it more user friendly. If you have one or any recipes you'd like to exchange or just post because you want people to know how good they are, I encourage you to do so.

I'm a moderator, so I hang around here a lot. You can let me know if you have questions.

I'm thrilled that many of you have just signed up. We upgraded the software that we use for the Texas Cooking Communities, so everyone feel free to ask questions, or even your favorite recipes.

Our site gets a very interesting mix of people. Only 25% of our readers live in Texas. Most of the rest live around the country. We try to keep the site interesting and useful.

Steve

:banana:

Hello ElfWorks. I'm also a newbie, but don't you just love this site? I plan on visiting as much as possible because I love cooking and especially Texas cooking.

I'm also a native, originally from D/FW area, but happily living in East Texas now. Hope to receive and share some great recipes in the future.

Yup, I'm stuck up in Idaho and definately home sick. Like some of you, I'm ususally the only one here.

Noche = night, as in Goodnight. I read the book (Haley) about him last winter when the snow was blowing and it was time to name some of last years colts. One got named Eagles Bueno Noche and another Iron Jacket after a chief that taunted them while wearing (for the last time) a 1600's top covering of armor from the Spanish days.

Goodnight would have described it today sounding like Indians shooting a beer can. Arrows Si, 45-70 No way.

I'm still looking for a filly that I will name (Anne was a panhandle magdaledori)"Frog Lips Anne." She will probably be a barrel type. They are always hot and nuts anyway. LOL

We ranched near Breckenridge where Goodnight gathered his herds.

If I have to compose one more post with this bananna jumping up and down on my left I will go nuts. This may call for some cowboy logic, tuctape.

You could be a cowboy if you vacuum your whole house with a Dust Buster. I did. Start in one corner and when that looks good, just go crazy. LOL

Hi My name is Lori. I just joined to today...Im from Alberta Canada, Home of the Calgary Stampede. Love to cook cant wait to try some of all the great recipes you have posted here and hopefully I can post a few of my favorites from Canada.

Lori