Jellyroll's

Southwestern Breakfast And Lunch Recipes

Hi...Could think of no better place to get some great ideas for my new restaurant menu given I'm looking for texmex breakfast and lunch ideas.

Of Course the name of the Restaurant is Jellyroll's Can anyone make a few suggestions :P

Migas are a very authentic Tex-Mex breakfast dish. They are popular in Austin restaurants. We have at least two migas recipes in Grandma's Cookbook. One of them (my personal favorite) is Migas with Fresh Tortillas at http://www.texascooking.com/recipes/migaswfreshtort.htm

There's also an article about migas on the site.

Good luck with your restaurant!

Patricia

Have you considered a steam table line with breakfast Burito fixings to make your own. There is a great place at Point Comfort TX that does a land office business every morning with just this. Guys on their way to work Alcoa or Formosa Plastics go through a cafeteria line, get burito's to go with might near anything from potato or rice to sausage(several kinds),eggs, onion, peppers, cheese, you name it. Place is only open for breakfast and lunch and always has a crowd! I live in Childress now and miss my breakfast burito's so bad I'm about ready to open my own place like it!