pjduquette

Armadillo Eggs

I am trying to find a recipe that does not require the jalapeno to be stuffed but rather is chopped up into a mix that resembles breading of some sort.and is deep fried. My husband and I have found these at small convenience stores, usually family owned, in East Texas. I have looked all over the Internet and cannot find anything anywhere close to how these taste. I have a garden full of jalapenos and would love to use them. :D

Guest jerry

I would use the recipe on the site and chop the peppers up if you like and omit the cheese. Roll them in bread or cracker crumbs, after dipping them in an egg batter.

I use the bisquick version and when they come out of the oven they LOOK fried. They're rolled in Pork Shake N Bake just prior to baking. Don't see why you can't just chop the Jalapenos and put them in the dough and form the 'egg' around a piece of Mont-Jack cheese or something. :unsure:

I am very familiar with Armadillo Eggs. I love hot stuff!!! What you seem to be talking about is Fried Jalapenos, not Armadillo Eggs. The ones that I have had are sliced jalapenos dipped in a batter, similar to onion ring batter, then fried. The best place to get them is at TGIFridays at the Ballpark in Arlington (I refuse to call it Americrap field..) They serve up a big platter of the fried jalapenos with ranch dressing on the side. Great Eating!!

I have a recipe for jalapenos,

12 jalapeno's (slice in half,clean out the seeds and pulp)

1-bar cream cheese

1 T-season salt

24 bacon slice's

let cream cheese soften,when soft add season salt and mix

take a half of the jalapeno and fill with cream cheese

do this with the rest of peppers.

Wrap the jalapeno with the raw bacon

place on a greased cookie sheet and cook at 400 until bacon is crisp.

bacon-wrapped jalapenos sounds really good!!

I am trying to find a recipe that does not require the jalapeno to be stuffed but rather is chopped up into a mix that resembles breading of some sort.and is deep fried. My husband and I have found these at small convenience stores, usually family owned, in East Texas. I have looked all over the Internet and cannot find anything anywhere close to how these taste. I have a garden full of jalapenos and would love to use them. :D

I know what you r talking about and i am looking for the same thing. I used to live out in east texas and we would go buy these every friday night. They are made out of dressing with turkey or chicken and jalapeno's made into a ball and deep fried. Do you still live out there? Cause im in mississippi and I would love to get the recipe. Can you go into the store and ask how they r made I asked once and they told me but i forgot. I think Im close about how they r made but not sure. Thank you ,,, Donna Sue