I was at a very odd store today and came across some new 5 pcs settings of Fiesta silverware. Thought it would be a perfect gift for my mom who collects the stuff. When I got home I wanted to see what a great deal I got and was not able to find them anywhere. I really do not know much about Fiesta so would love some help. Again they are 5 pcs place setting of silverware, the colors are Turq., Slate blue, Rose, Yellow, Teal, Dark Blue & lt. gray Instead of handles wraped in colored plastic there is just a strip of the color on both sides. Also have the dancing lady on knife the look very real. Any help would be great.

Over the many years Fiesta has been manufactured, makers of all kinds of kitchen products -- glassware, table linens, ice buckets, flatware -- you name it -- have sought to capitalize on Fiesta's popularity. These products are referred to as "go-alongs" and some have become just about as collectible as Fiesta itself. The Homer Laughlin China Company makes none of these products, but it does license the manufacturer with the right to use the Fiesta logo or other trademarks (such as the dancing lady) on them or on the packaging.

If you do an eBay search on "Fiesta," you find lots of go-alongs, especially flatware. I have never seen the particular flatware you describe -- only the variety with the plastic handles, but yours sound like a genuine go-along. I am not aware of any books about Homer Laughlin pottery that attempt to include more than a smattering of information about these pieces, so I can't help you with book values. But I'm sure your mom will love the set.