tresses1

Wagon Wheel Design "bean Pot" 94v

Hello all

I have this nice pot and I am trying to figure out how much to sell it for on e-bay or anywhere for that matter...It's in great shape and I do know that it is Ada clay because it did not turn color when I got it wet on the bottom, it stayed light tan. Could someone tell me the value and the actual name of this item.

Thank you

Christine in Cali

I found a possible twin of your 94V Baker on eBay at http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-FRANKOMA-WAGON...1QQcmdZViewItem

In case that link does not work for you, it's Item No. 170048653239, and you can find it by searching on that number. As you can see, it was originally listed with a beginning bid of $9.95, and there is one bid on it. At the moment, there are 4 days 6 hours to go, and a lot can happen in that amount of time. Keep an eye on it, and see what it goes for.

In the meantime, I pulled a few photos out of the listing:

fr_94V.jpg

The 94V is from the Wagon Wheel dinnerware series. I do not believe the piece pictured is Ada clay but, as I often say, it can be difficult to tell from a photograph. The main reason I don't think it's Ada is that its backstamp is one that was in general use after the switch to Sapulpa clay. At the moment, I do not have my trusty Schaum book with me, so I can't list the book value; however, I will add that information later.

In the meantime, be sure to put this on your eBay Watch List and see what happens.

Thank you plm555 for getting back to me so soon.

I have seen and will watch that item on E-bay. My baker is lighter in color/tan, although after looking closer at the lid and a small chip the clay on the lid looks to be the Supulpa clay but not sure. Also the lid has some room to move around so I'm thinking that maybe the lid is from a smaller pot. I will do some more research too.

Thanks again

Christine in Cali