ginao

Question About Covered Casserole Dish

Hi, I just posted then didn't see it, so forgive me if this ? shows up twice! I am trying to identify a covered colbalt blue casserole dish, unmarked with rings on lid and around sides, it also has metal and wood on the handles. Any ideas if this is fiesta? Thank you. Ginao

jI think I figured out today that it is Bauer, it does not have handles on the sides like all the Fiesta caserole dished do...also wasn't Fiesta always marked on the bottom? Thanks. g

I think you are correct in deciding that your piece is not Fiesta. Vintage pieces were sometimes accompanied by metal holders or handles, but they were not part of the piece, and were not manufactured by Homer Laughlin.

While most Fiesta pieces are marked, there are a few that are not -- just to make things interesting, I guess -- but I think I'm safe in saying that all the casseroles are marked.

I'm glad you have an idea that your piece is made by Bauer. I'm sure there is enough Bauer on eBay to allow you to make a positive identification.

Please post again if some Fiesta finds its way into your hands.