Hi! I'm just getting started and purchased a set of Frankoma dishes at an estate sale. I'm trying to identify it by color such as plainsman gold so I can purchase more pieces in the set. The plates are marked 5F, smaller plates are marked 5X and the serving bowl is 4P. Can someone please help me know what color these are? Thanks so much! 

Hello,

The gold/tan glaze in Frankoma is known as Prairie Gold.  "Plainsman" is a style of dinnerware that was produced. Sounds like you have a set of Plainsman dishes in Prairie Gold. Let me know if you have further questions.

Patricia

Thanks for your reply. However, I have to correct an error I made when I answered you. The correct name of the gold/tan glaze is Desert Gold -- not Prairie Gold.  The green glaze is known as Prairie Green. You can get some further information by going to Frankomaland.com at http://www.frankomaland.com/.  Click around and I think you can pick up some good info.

Patricia