I have a chance to purchase a box of vintage fiesta riveria and a few harlequin pieces. None of the pieces have marks on the bottom. Can someone advise me? Was riveria marked? Harlequin? How do I tell if it is authentic? I’ve only collected fiestaware before, not riveria nor harlequin. Thank you. 

I have lots of Riviera but not much Harlequin. Both patterns, though, are very distinctive.  You can tell a lot by just looking at good photographs of pieces -- like on eBay or other sources. On eBay, search for Homer Laughlin Riviera or vintage Riviera or Riviera Century pattern. Or see if you can find a book on collectible American glassware with good photos. I don't recall ever seeing backstamps on the pieces. Remember, Riviera is pretty old -- mostly made in the 30s. Much Riviera/Century is solid colors, but there are also many delightful decal patterns that are extremely collectible, like this Mexicana pattern on HLC century -- https://www.ebay.com/itm/Homer-Laughlin-Mexicana-Platter-Red-Trim-Nice/113530950704?hash=item1a6ef8d430:g:M0cAAOSwD89bumW0:rk:4:pf:1&frcectupt=true There are dozens of different decals, some of them quite rare. I think Century is one of the most enjoyable patterns to collect because it's not as common as regular Fiesta. When you find something you like, it's exciting. 

People are always suspecting Fiesta pieces of being "counterfeit" but I think that's rarely happens. I don't think anyone ever attempted to counterfeit Riviera because it was never very valuable until it became collectible. Bear in mind that much of the old dishes made by Homer Laughlin Company was used as enticement to buy certain brands of food. I'm not sure it was Riviera, but I know some HLC dishes came free inside boxes of oatmeal!

I just wouldn't worry too much about whether it's authentic or not. Look at it on eBay and see if what you're being offered looks resembles it. I will add that the solid Riviera colors are ivory, red, blue, green and yellow. I think that's all. The decal pieces are on ivory. Hope you find this helpful, and do let me know if you have questions.