Sondra E.

Red Apple Cookie Jar wanted

I am desperately looking to replace a Frankoma Red Apple cookie jar that was accidentally broken.

I found a picture of it on OtraVia item #2606199988 but cannot figure out how to purchase it.

It looks like it may just be a picture from a private collection.

Any ideas?

Hi Sondra,

Can you post a link to the photo you found? I've been collecting Frankoma for years, but I have never seen something called a Frankoma red apple cookie jar. My Frankoma tastes, however, run to the vintage pieces, and perhaps this cookie jar is a newer piece. I would really like to see what you're looking for. I'm sorry your cookie jar is no longer with us. You have my sympathy; it's hard to lose treasured pieces regardless of how they're lost.

Patricia

Sondra - I am also puzzled by your "Frankoma Red Apple cookie jar'.  I have reference documents from Frankoma researchers and authors that list all Frankoma pieces. I searched for "apple" and the only thing labeled apple is a ring holder that can also be used as an apple baker.  I found a comment in the Facebook Frankoma Pottery Fans group that someone called the 25 series canisters (includes a cookie jar) the apple canisters because they have round knobs on the bottom that looked like apples to them.  I tried to Google OtraVia and didn't find any "sale" website that was in English.  Good luck in finding your replacement - whether it is Frankoma or not.  Jane