Sign in to follow this  
Rleller

Frankoma

I have my mother in laws inventory she was a dealer years ago in southern Illinois. 100 Elephant mugs from 1968-2010. Dinnerware vases shoes ducks also 5 signature canisters  like to unload all. Some help please

I copied and modified my comment to someone else with Frankoma to sell in a previous post. This is a difficult task and may not be very rewarding financially as Frankoma values have dropped a lot in the last few years.  The price drop has been great for buyers, but not for sellers. If you do not have any pieces in demand vs common dinnerware - you maybe better off donating it to a thrift store so you can write off the donation on your taxes.  You need to determine the age of the pottery - mainly if it was older Ada clay (lighter creamy) or the more common red clay (two versions).  It sounds like you may have a complete set of the elephant mugs since the first one was issued in 1968.  On Ebay, the 1968 mug has sold for $5 to $13 recently. The mugs with candidate names sometimes go for more, but in general the mugs are about $5. The problem with dinnerware is that 1) there is a lot of it available;  2) it takes a lot of box space to wrap it well for shipping;  and 3) it is expensive to ship because it is heavy.  You can check value by looking at completed auctions on Ebay (vs current auctions only show the price the seller wants and often the item does not sell).  There are some Frankoma Facebook groups for Frankoma reference "Frankoma Pottery Fans", and other groups for selling.  You can also sell via Craig's list or a garage sell. This website has a lot of great information accumulated from Frankoma "experts" including the Frank family. http://www.frankomacollector.com/Index.html