Sign in to follow this  
jim

Frankoma pottery a set of dishes

I have a set of dishes I think for  eight they are white  don't know the pattern never been up packed I got them in the early 70's will try to take a pic of them and post any idea 

Selling your set may be somewhat difficult and not very rewarding financially.  If you do not have any pieces in demand vs common dinnerware - you maybe better off donating it to a thrift store so you can write off the donation on your taxes.  The problem with dinnerware is that 1) there is a lot of it available;  2) it takes a lot of box space to wrap it well for shipping;  and 3) it is expensive to ship because it is heavy.  If the glaze is white vs cream then it is called White Sand. If you bought them new in the 70's then your clay is the "newer" pink clay.  "Usually" Frankoma pottery in the pink clay and newer glazes, like white, are priced lower than older dinnerware in the old glazes.  Your set would be good for someone wanting to use the Frankoma dinnerware vs collect for value.  You can check value by looking at completed auctions on Ebay (vs current auctions only show the price the seller wants and often the item does not sell).  There are some Frankoma Facebook groups for Frankoma reference "Frankoma Pottery Fans", and other groups for selling.  You can also sell via Craig's list or a garage sell. This website has a lot of great information accumulated from Frankoma "experts" including the Frank family. http://www.frankomacollector.com/Index.html
You can determine the pattern of your dinnerware by looking at the number on the bottom:  Dishes that start with 4 are Lazybones, 5 are Plainsman,  6 are Westwind,, 7 are Mayan-Aztec (distinctive pattern on edges), 94 are Wagon Wheel (distinctive pattern).