CuriousQ

CATASTROPHY! LOST BBQ SAUCE RECIPE! HELP!!!

We are devastated!  I have lost our bbq sauce recipe - and haven't been able to find anything even similar - so far.  I hope y'all can help!  The recipe came off a sack of bbq charcoal - about 50 YEARS AGO.  I don't recall the name of the charcoal manufacturer.  We lived in Oklahoma City at the time - so I assume the company wasn't East of the Mississippi - but I can't swear to it.

The recipe included the following - and I am approximating quantities, when I can remember them...

1-2 green peppers

3-4 lg onions

14 oz of catsup (a small bottle)

??2?? c of water

2-3 cl of garlic

1 c ???? vinegar

white and brown sugar - 1 c  of each or 1/2 c of each ????  (I added the brown sugar)

worchestershire  3-4 Tabl ???

mustard powder  1-2 tsp ???

1 stick of butter

??? chili powder ???

salt/pepper

I don't remember any additional 'hot' stuff - the quantity of mustard powder zipped it up pretty good.

The original recipe probably said to saute the onions and green pepper, then add the other ingredients and simmer.  I revised it, and put 1/2 c water in the blender, put in the roughly chopped green pepper and onion, blended until it was a slurry, then put it into a large pan, along with the rest of the ingredients, and simmered 30-minutes to an hour.  It was a little sweet, a little tart, and was really good on anything you could put it on.  I made double or triple recipes, then canned it in pint jars - and it keeps over 2 years, canned. (Just found the last pint, after moving.)

I hope someone can help!   I am the only one in the family who SERIOUSLY used the recipe - as my sister was too lazy, my daughter didn't like the sauce, and my granddaughter doesn't like BBQ!   (Am I really related to these people?!?)    ;D     HELP please!  Thanks!