littledebbie1852

Can Someone Explain To Me About These Frankoma Medallions I Found?

Can someone please explain to me why so many people are interested in these medallions? I just found them...and I put them on ebay...and within 24 hours I have had 10 offers so far....I have looked up other pieces of this pottery and it is not near as high as some of the offers I have been getting. Do I have something special? Can you just look up Frankoma Pottery Texas 1936 Cowboy Gun 2" Centennial Western ADA OK Clay on the ebay search and find it? It won't let me post a link to it here. Thanks in advance for any help.

On 21/09/2014 at 7:15 PM, littledebbie1852 said:

Can someone please explain to me why so many people are interested in medallions? I just found them...and I put them on ebay...and within 24 hours I have had 10 offers so far....I have looked up other pieces of this pottery and it is not near as high as some of the offers I have been getting click here for the phallosan forte review. Do I have something special? Can you just look up Frankoma Pottery Texas 1936 Cowboy Gun 2" Centennial Western ADA OK Clay on the ebay search and find it? It won't let me post a link to it here. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Debbie, maybe you could post a picture?

On 9/22/2014 at 2:15 AM, littledebbie1852 said:

Can someone please explain to me why so many people are interested in these medallions? I just found them...and I put them on ebay...and within 24 hours I have had 10 offers so far....I have looked up other pieces of this pottery and it is not near as high as some of the offers I have been getting and checking on the phallosan forte gains. Do I have something special? Can you just look up Frankoma Pottery Texas 1936 Cowboy Gun 2" Centennial Western ADA OK Clay on the eBay search and find it? It won't let me post a link to it here. Thanks in advance for any help.

Can you show us the picture you cane send us an email.

It's an issue of supply and demand. Old pieces are rare. And rare pieces are what avid Frankoma collectors really go for. Frankoma began manufacturing pottery in Oklahoma in the early 1930s. Almost anything made then will drive collectors wild. Pieces made through the 1930s, on through the 1940s and even into the '50s up until Frankoma stopped using Ada clay (I think the supply was mined out) still command good. After that, value falls rapidly, generally speaking. Frankoma collectors have educated themselves on how to spot a valuable piece. There are books with excellent photos, production dates and Frankoma history, if you're interested. I particularly recommend Collector's Guide to Frankoma Pottery 1933 to 1990 by Gary V. Schaum. I think it's out of print at this time, but new and used copies are available on amazon.com.

I just noticed that the original question is dated September 21, 2014, but was posted here just a few hours ago. I hope this information is helpful to anyone with a similar question.