Sign in to follow this  
alynnc

What Pitchers Do I Have?

I have three large disc pitchers that I'm trying to identify, and I need help. I have one that is light gray, and due to the raised H on the logo, I'm seeing that this is one of the newer pearl gray ones, not vintage. Then, I have this greenish one that has a number 46 on the logo, and has a smooth area on the inside where the handle was attached by hand... so I'm reading that this one is vintage? Based on what I'm seeing it looks like their light green, but it's hard to tell- it seems like there's different shades that are hard to tell apart. How do I tell for sure what color it is? Then, my third pitcher is a mystery for me. It's the grayish blue one. The logo on the bottom is so lightly stamped that it can only be seen when held at just the right angle. It's definitely there though. I can just barely make out that there is the H at the bottom of the logo, so it's not vintage from what I can tell, but I don't know what color to call it. And is it common for the logo to be so bare? I have pictures, but can't figure out how to attach them here. I can email them though, if anyone thinks they could help.

The simplest way to post a photo or photos is to open a free account with an online photo website (like Photobucket.com -- up to 2GB storage is completely free), post your photo(s) there and link to them with the tools here. To get accurate color representation, sometimes it works best to take your piece outside and photograph it in natural light, but not really bright sunlight.

I think you're right about the gray. It's Pearl Gray, a Post-86 glaze. As to the other two, it sounds as if you have two pieces that were very heavily glazed. Sometimes the glaze is so thick that it obscures the backstamp.

I hope you can post photos. I'm eager to see your pitchers.