DAVIDE

Need Advise On Old Collection Of My Fathers Parents

There's an excellent book titled "Collector's Guide to Frankoma Pottery" by Gary V. Schaum that has great photographs, descriptions and prices. Sadly, the book is out of print right now, but I see copies for sale on eBay for reasonable prices. The latest edition (the yellow cover) provides values as of 2005-2006. At that time, the values were accurate -- even conservative in some cases. However, since the recession began in 2008, Frankoma values, like other property values, have come down. Even so, I believe that if you are able to refer to this book *and* watch the auctions on eBay, you will be able to determine reasonable costs for the items in your father's collection.

When I say "watch the auctions on eBay," I mean just that. Find auctions for some of the same pieces that are in your father's collection. Put them in your "watch list" and see what they actually sell for. Don't go by opening bids. There are lots of people selling Frankoma on eBay these days that know little or nothing about what they are selling.

If you have questions about certain items, come back here and ask them. That's what this board is all about.