Sign in to follow this  
wigg8734

Frankoma Seafare Set Seeking Info On History And Value.

I have a set of Frankoma seafare dinner plates, salad plates, bowls, mugs, and a large serving bowl. I have been unable to find any that look like them online. I have seen one similar in white but these are a blueish green color and they seem scarce? I would like to know if anyone has information about the history of these pieces or what they might be worth? The plates have large rims with crabs, sea shells, halibut, lobsters and crawdads.

Those were produced late in the last century and early this year. It was never a very popular pattern, so it's not commonly seen. If I remember correctly, the common colors were forest green, white, and ivory, although some were done in teal, as well. I always liked Seafare and am surprised it didn't sell any better than it did. I guess that's because OK isn't known for its seafood and Frankoma always sold best within about 100-200 miles of the factory.

For price, they're probably comparable to the Ranch pattern. Neither one is particularly valuable, but they make a nice set.