Sign in to follow this  
jdh0366

Frankoma Politial Mugs

I have inherited a set elephant mugs 1968 thru 2004 and also a set of Donkey mugs 1975 thru 2004. They were let to me by my grandparents and are in mint condition. I have no idea how to sell them or who would be interested in buying any of them.... Any advice welcome! Thank you so much.

Unfortunately, there are a ton of these mugs on the market and few of them have any particular value. You can see them on eBay all the time, but most of the prices are set unrealistically high. For most of them, you're lucky to get $10 - and even that can take quite a while. You might simply choose to give them as gifts rather than dealing with the hassle.

The only major exception is the 1974 Nixon/Ford mug. The regular 1974 mug is coffee brown and has no lettering (other than the date). A few hundred were made with the words "Nixon" and "Ford" on the mug. At one time, these were as high as $700 or so, but they're now more like $200.

Joe Anonymous is correct about the price of the mugs. I have purchased a few for my grandson who is a newly elected State Representative. I might be interested in buying the set if you are interested in selling them. Please let me know if you are willing to sell them and what your selling price would be. You may email me privately at aletasmalley@yahoo.com