Sign in to follow this  
Linda Mc

Navy Blue & Terra Cotta Frankoma Dishes

I have a full set of Frankoma navy blue & terra cotta dishes & needed salt & pepper shakers. I obviously haven't been able to find them, & was wondering if I should even be using them? Since they are no longer manufactured, I didn't know if they really have any value.

Your dishes have not been out of production long enough to have accumulated the value usually accorded to items that are no longer in production. While true that Frankoma no longer exists as an entity and, therefore, won't be making more products, more time must pass before their products, especially those made during the past decade or so, become truly collectible.

In the meantime, it's up to you whether you box them up and try to complete your set by keeping a close eye on ebay for the missing salt and pepper shakers, or keep using them for the serviceable and attractive dishes they are.

Your dishes have not been out of production long enough to have accumulated the value usually accorded to items that are no longer in production. While true that Frankoma no longer exists as an entity and, therefore, won't be making more products, more time must pass before their products, especially those made during the past decade or so, become truly collectible.

In the meantime, it's up to you whether you box them up and try to complete your set by keeping a close eye on ebay for the missing salt and pepper shakers, or keep using them for the serviceable and attractive dishes they are.

I agree. It would also help to know which plates are involved (either via attaching a picture or listing the code numbers on the bottoms of the plates) to know how easy it will be to find the S/P and other completer pieces. It's also worth checking local antique shops, although this will usually be less promising the further you get from Oklahoma.