Sign in to follow this  
nasah

Frankoma Penguin?

Hi, Just started collecting Frankoma about 2 years ago and learning all the time. All started with a $3 snail vase at a 2nd hand store and been in love ever since. My husband and I have a couple of books on the subject but am very glad to have been guided to this forum by a woman in Sapulpa, OK. Now finally to my question. I won a item on E-bay that said it was a Frankoma penguin. Looked like a Frankoma item but none of my books say anything about a penguin being made. Now one did say that Frankoma made some minature animal (and this is 2 1/2 tall) in the 40's but was wondering if that is true with a penguin? Thanks in advance and I'm sure I will be using this often!

Hi, Just started collecting Frankoma about 2 years ago and learning all the time. All started with a $3 snail vase at a 2nd hand store and been in love ever since. My husband and I have a couple of books on the subject but am very glad to have been guided to this forum by a woman in Sapulpa, OK. Now finally to my question. I won a item on E-bay that said it was a Frankoma penguin. Looked like a Frankoma item but none of my books say anything about a penguin being made. Now one did say that Frankoma made some minature animal (and this is 2 1/2 tall) in the 40's but was wondering if that is true with a penguin? Thanks in advance and I'm sure I will be using this often!

Just found out from another Frankoma lover that my penguin isn't Frankoma but a pottery from California. No biggy. I collect penguins too.