Cindy B.

Frankoma Nudes

I have a nude figurine with Gerald Smith felt penned on it. The bottom has impressed markings including smith, some numbers, and F/P. It does not say FRANKOMA, and even more curious to me is the fact that it does not have what I've considered as Frankoma's standard colors or glazes - it is a flat green with more of a matte finish, rather than the thick glossy glaze I have come to associate with Frankoma. Does anybody out there know if this a piece of Frankoma Pottery or is it a reproduction, and if indeed Frankoma, what would you call the finish (and is it rare?). Your assistance and response to my first posting would be much appreciated.

I have a nude figurine with Gerald Smith felt penned on it. The bottom has impressed markings including smith, some numbers, and F/P. It does not say FRANKOMA, and even more curious to me is the fact that it does not have what I've considered as Frankoma's standard colors or glazes - it is a flat green with more of a matte finish, rather than the thick glossy glaze I have come to associate with Frankoma. Does anybody out there know if this a piece of Frankoma Pottery or is it a reproduction, and if indeed Frankoma, what would you call the finish (and is it rare?). Your assistance and response to my first posting would be much appreciated.

Hi, Your piece was definetly made by the Frankoma Pottery and designed by Gerald Smith. It started production in 1996 and was limited to 600 pieces. It comes in various glazes including some of the more traditional ones such as Prairie Green and Desert Gold. This vase is pictured in Gary Schaum's book "Collectors Guide to Frankoma Pottery" and is valued at $150 - $200.

Hi, Your piece was definetly made by the Frankoma Pottery and designed by Gerald Smith. It started production in 1996 and was limited to 600 pieces. It comes in various glazes including some of the more traditional ones such as Prairie Green and Desert Gold. This vase is pictured in Gary Schaum's book "Collectors Guide to Frankoma Pottery" and is valued at $150 - $200.
Thanks for your information-much appreciated! Cindy