Sign in to follow this  
MS_Frankoma

Seated Puma

Hello. I am in need of help identifying the age of a piece I have recently acquired. I have a seated puma that is onyx black and has the Frankoma sticker but is not marked #114 but I have a later one that is marked that is Prairie Green.

So did Frankoma make the seated puma without the 114 marking in Ada clay? It appears to be Ada clay as my other one is Sulpa clay. Any info or guidance is greatly appreciated.

DB

Yes. It was not uncommon for the mark to be left off of Frankoma products throughout their history.

Are you sure it's Ada clay? Some years of Sapulpa clay look very close to Ada's color. If you can post a picture, someone might be able to help.

Thank you for replying. Here is the link to the photos of my Prairie Green Puma that is Sulpa clay and the Black Onyx Puma that I believe to be Ada clay. Thanks for viewing and if you have any recommendation of age or potential value I would greatly appreciate it!

Here is the link and password to my photo:

http://photobucket.com/frankoma

Password: puma00

Thanks Again!

Dana

Thanks for sharing your photos.

To my eye, the onyx puma is Ada clay, and the prairie green puma appears to be Sapulpa clay several years into their use of Sapulpa clay. From what I've read, the Sapulpa clay vein began as a very dark, brick red color that lightened in color the farther they dug into it. Your prairie green puma seems to be of that vintage.