nds

Frankoma Wine Bottle

I recently purchased a Frankoma wine bottle (F55) at an estate sale but haven't been able to locate much information about its history as there don't appear to be any ebay listings, internet write-ups, etc. Is it of interest/value to collectors? Thank you for your assistance.

This is one of the pieces that Donna Frank has discussed where her father, John Frank, wrought the clay to its very limits. This piece is so tall, and the neck of the bottle so very slender that you frequently see these with a definite slant to them. However, I have seen many that stand perfectly straight.

This is one of the pieces that Donna Frank has discussed where her father, John Frank, wrought the clay to its very limits. This piece is so tall, and the neck of the bottle so very slender that you frequently see these with a definite slant to them. However, I have seen many that stand perfectly straight.

Yeah, that's not fun. We had the same problem with the hummingbird 75th anniversary pieces. Once a piece gets tall enough, it's hard to make the clay do what you want it to.