myra

Is This An Aladdin Lamp Or A Gravy Boat, Planter?

I can't quite make out the # on bottom, looks like # 300-but it isn't a candleholder (no cup inside). Need your help-I've looked everywhere. Any & all info appreciated.Thanks, Myra

I really like that piece. It's a gravy boat and the number is 309 (they used the same number for the gravy version and the candleholder version). The last one sold on eBay is here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRANKOMA-Genie-Lamp-Cream-Gravy-dish-BROWN-309-RARE-/400274831129?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d323d3719#ht_922wt_933

Sorry to have taken so long, but I think I have the information you need. You undoubtedly have a #308 "Lamp of Knowledge Candleholder." There is a limited amount of information on this piece, but the Schaum book states that it was made from the late '40s to the mid-'50s. It was not made after Ada clay was discontinued, so it is definitely an Ada clay piece. Book value for this piece is $35-$40. I can see why you asked the question you did. It looks both like a gravy boat and a candle holder. But I have always thought this to be an interesting, graceful piece.

Sorry to have taken so long, but I think I have the information you need. You undoubtedly have a #308 "Lamp of Knowledge Candleholder." There is a limited amount of information on this piece, but the Schaum book states that it was made from the late '40s to the mid-'50s. It was not made after Ada clay was discontinued, so it is definitely an Ada clay piece. Book value for this piece is $35-$40. I can see why you asked the question you did. It looks both like a gravy boat and a candle holder. But I have always thought this to be an interesting, graceful piece.

S/he said that it's NOT the candleholder version - which is why I think it's the #309 gravy boat.