gerrodnalaska

Mail Order Spices

Guest jerry

If you want the best in spices go here: www.penderys.com. They have every mix of chile blends and anything you could need.

I am a transplanted Texan living in Alaska. We are almost out of fajita seasoning. :o

Does anyone know of a mail order company on the net?

THanks

https://www.herbco.com/c-82-a.aspx

This has about any spice/tea/herb you could ask for, and the best prices also. I have used them wholesale for years, and their retal prices are great, as well as the quality and shipping.

Bo Knows

www.fiestaspices.com :food-smiley: The Texas spot for spices...I especially like the jalapeno salt!

Amen to Bolner's Fiesta Spices out of San Antonio! Their fajita seasoning is the best I've had. I usually order it online as I haven't been able to find it in the stores lately, even though you can find other spices by Fiesta. I will definitely have to try the jalapeno salt.

Why don't you just make your own? Below is a recipe and you should be able to find these spices in an Alaskan Market.

Ingredients

1 tablespoon chili powder

1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons cumin

1 teaspoon black pepper

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon paprika

1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon onion powder

1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or pinch of cayenne, to taste)

Directions

Just mix these ingredients in an airtight container.

I am a transplanted Texan living in Alaska. We are almost out of fajita seasoning. :o

THanks

THanks

This store is located very near where I live and I have shopped there many tmes. My entire spice collection comes from there

and will NOT buy spices from the store again.

I have been told from shoppers on other forums boards that their mail order turn around was very promt.

http://www.americanspice.com/

I'm a little confused. If you shopped there many times and other people report that their turnaround time is good, why would you not shop there again? And what online site are you referring to?

Incidentally, I'm a big fan of Pendery's, too.

I'm a little confused. If you shopped there many times and other people report that their turnaround time is good, why would you not shop there again? And what online site are you referring to?

Incidentally, I'm a big fan of Pendery's, too.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. What I ment is I will no longer buy spices from a GROCERY store The only spices I have now are from Great American Spice Company. Their products are so much better quality than any others I've ever tried before and they have

a varity that far excedes any I've ever seen before. The online site I referred to is their web address that I included the url for.

And if you ment the online site where people spoke of their fast turnaround, that would be fore several different fourms boards I belong to. Other boards such as this one.

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks for the recipe David. I love creating my own mixture of spices because you can add more of one type of spice.

Shaianin, that jalapeno salt sounds great. I'll have to look it up. Thanks!