rhondaraymer

Puma Lamp

I received a puma lamp for my birthday. My sister bought it off ebay and the seller guaranteed that it is frankoma as my sister paid a good amount for it. After inspection, it is made of a white chalky substance. I have hundreds of frankoma pieces and they are all clay. Did frankoma ever produce anything that isn't clay. I am almost sure that my sister really got taken. Can someone verify for me? thanks

I received a puma lamp for my birthday. My sister bought it off ebay and the seller guaranteed that it is frankoma as my sister paid a good amount for it. After inspection, it is made of a white chalky substance. I have hundreds of frankoma pieces and they are all clay. Did frankoma ever produce anything that isn't clay. I am almost sure that my sister really got taken. Can someone verify for me? thanks

I have hundreds of pieces of Frankoma, some old, some new, all different glazes. None are done with anything other than clay. I think your sister was unfortunately duped and should return the piece, if you don't like "knock-offs". How did you determine the substance? And can you post a picture? Does the piece have any identifying factory numbers or \ marks that could help with verification?

I have hundreds of pieces of Frankoma, some old, some new, all different glazes. None are done with anything other than clay. I think your sister was unfortunately duped and should return the piece, if you don't like "knock-offs". How did you determine the substance? And can you post a picture? Does the piece have any identifying factory numbers or \ marks that could help with verification?

I have never seen a "chalky" piece of Frankoma. Your sister got taken. She should go back to eBay and make a complaint about that seller.

I have never seen a "chalky" piece of Frankoma. Your sister got taken. She should go back to eBay and make a complaint about that seller.

I agree. I've never seen a chalky piece of Frankoma.

However, there HAVE been white clay Frankoma pieces. The gingerbread set from around 1999 comes to mind. There were a few others from that era, as well.