labinski

Welcome To The Frankoma Discussion Board

This board augments our Frankoma pottery website Frankomaland, www.frankomaland.com, and we invite all interested people to post questions of any kind here. This line of pottery is diverse and full of history. Not only does this make it all the more interesting to collect, but it consequently brings out lots of confusion.

Feel free to post, we would love to see this as a fun community of Frankoma collectors.

Steve Labinski

You have a 2-quart pitcher from the Lazybones dinnerware collection, and it sounds as if the color is Desert Gold. My book lists the value on this piece at $10-15.

I am needing help identifying some Frankoma pottery that I've had for over 25 years. I purchased it from a lady from my church who received it from her grandmother years before. I have over 100 pieces from dinnerware to honey jars, candle sticks, vases, butterdish, egg tray, and alot of odd pieces. Each pieces has an ID number on the bottom. The pottery is a dark brown to tan in areas. If someone can tell me anything about these pieces, I will be happy to take pictures of these and sent them to help identify them. Thanks

You would need the descriptions and condition of each piece along w/ all the id #s and the color of the clay ( which you can tell when you look @ the bottom of the pieces) Is the unfired color a red clay which is ADA clay or a Red clay which is Sapula . ADA is usually worth more. It sound like the two tone brown mught be Brown Satin- Rutile that color was made between 1958-1994. If you don't have a guide ,you could buy one or maybe get one from a library. Esp. if you plan on selling. you will not always get the price it lists. It wiiljust depend on the item. I hope this helps A little. I have a price guide for some items if you could send me the stuff I said above, I could try to help. Good Luck, Tanya

My way of saying "Hello" to all in this community is this:

I was born & raised in OK, I went to the Frankoma factory on a school field trip in 3rd or 4th grade and Frankoma has had a spot in my heart since then (never mind how long ago that was :-). I took my kids there when they were little to see the potters at work and picked up a few pieces. My youngest, now grown, is a potter; he still has that tiny robin egg blue (I think) mug I bought for him then. I've had some pieces for many years and I'm enjoying finding & aquiring some more lately.

I rescued a sweet little darling (to me anyway) from a GoodWill store in AZ - literally out of the blue - I was *so happy* to find it...and so ticked that they put a mark on the bottom I can't get off!

I'm hoping to get some help educating myself, both about what I already have and what I'm seeing available in the resale trade that I find appealing to me. I consider myself a casual collector...I want to love and use every piece I have/get. I hope to avert all catastrophe with (and rescue from the thrift shops) any valuable Frankoma pottery by knowing what is & isn't already valuable and what's currently appreciating in value. Personally I appreciate all of it for many reasons, but I know the value to collectors is based on certain criteria...so understanding more about that is the idea and in part my goal for being here. I find the history engaging as well. Thank you all for being willing to share your knowledge here...nd thank you admin(s) for your guidance...so glad I found you :-)

I'm hoping to get some help educating myself, both about what I already have and what I'm seeing available in the resale trade that I find appealing to me.

Best bet is to find Gary Schaum's Frankoma book. You can still get it on ebay or your local library may have a copy. The prices are out of date, but overall, the market hasn't moved much in the past decades, so it isn't a bad starting point. However, a few items have changed dramatically, so before buying a more expensive item, check other sources (eBay, etc).

Good evening. My mother-in-law has 8 dinner plates, they appear to be a light grey/white color. The clay seems to be red in the unfired area. The back of the plates are stamped "Frankoma 6F". Any idea of the value of these plates?

Thank you!

Heidi

Good evening. My mother-in-law has 8 dinner plates, they appear to be a light grey/white color. The clay seems to be red in the unfired area. The back of the plates are stamped "Frankoma 6F". Any idea of the value of these plates?

Thank you!

Heidi

Those are Westwind plates. Book value is $6-8 and the ability to get that price obviously depends on finding a ready buyer. In general, it's hard to sell individual plates unless you find someone who has that set and needs replacements.

On October 12, 2005 at 5:39 PM, labinski said:

This board augments our Frankoma pottery website Frankomaland, www.frankomaland.com, and we invite all interested people to post questions of any kind here. This line of pottery is diverse and full of history. Not only does this make it all the more interesting to collect, but it consequently brings out lots of confusion.

Feel free to post, we would love to see this as a fun community of Frankoma collectors.

Steve Labinski

I have a divided dish that was my mothers in the late 40's or early 50's.  It has "FRANKOMA" on the bottom as well as "94 QD"

I am interested in selling it but have no idea its value.  Can you help me?  Pat