Sign in to follow this  
TxCamper

Hot And Spicy

I am addicited to "Hot and Spicy" foods and I am always on the lookout for more recipes to make. Do you have any recipes that you would like to share? I especially enjoy appetizers and cooking on the grill, and I am willing to try any and all recipes that get my hot taste buds going. Please, Share your Heat!!

Have you tried this

Sweet Hot Pickles

1 gallon jar sliced hamburger dills(drain off juice and throw away)

1 four pound bag white granulated sugar

1 large jar of minced dry garlic

1 large bottle Tabasco brand hot sauce(do not use any other brand)

Dump pickles in a large container. Layer pickles, sugar, garlic, and tabasco sause in gallon pickle jar. Pack it tight and use everthing,(may have a small amount of sugar left). Put the lid on the jar and let it sit at room temperature for 7 days.

Turn the jar unside down each day so ingredients intermingles.

Bill

How about some Fire Crackers? These are a good snack or appetizer. Beware, they are addictive. You will need a fairly large container with a tight-fitting lid, such as a tupperware-type container.

2 sleeves of saltine crackers

1/2 cup canola oil (or any oil)

1/2 package Fat Free Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix

crushed red pepper flakes

In a small bowl, combine the oil, Ranch Dip Mix, and at least 2 tsp. of crushed red pepper flakes (or more to taste - I use more). Stir well and set aside.

In the tupperware container, make a single layer of crackers, barely overlapping if at all (this step is important). Using a large spoon and stirring the oil mixture, drizzle a small amount over each cracker in the layer. Repeat layers, stirring, and drizzling until all the crackers and the oil are used up. Place the lid on the container and slowly turn crackers over, letting sit awhile on each side. Total resting time, approximately 1 hour. That's it - enjoy!

I have seen a similar recipe using oyster crackers, which I tried. Trust me, the saltines are the way to go.

One of my favourite recipes is chicken breast stuffed with ricotta, chilli, and sun dried tomatoes. The quantities aren't too important and this is off the top of my head:

Take a couple of tablespoons of ricotta cheese, mix in 4 or 5 finely chopped sun dried tomatoes and chopped fresh chilli (the amount depends on how hot you like it). Add a little salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper.

Take your chicken breasts and make a slit in the side to create a little pocket. Put a little of the ricotta stuffing into the pocket and seal with a couple of toothpicks.

Grill in a hot pan on high heat until lightly browned. Finish off in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes (turning once).

Let it rest then slice and serve.

Another simple recipe if you like pasta is for chilli and garlic linguini (or whatever pasta shape you prefer).

Cook the pasta.

Put lots of extra virgin olive oil in a pan on low to medium heat. Add finely chopped chilli and garlic and heat through, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add some chopped parsley.

Toss the pasta in the olive oil sauce and you're done.

This is a good website for spicy foods - www.fiestaspices.com. If your local grocery story doesn't carry Fiesta Spices, you can order them from their website.

:titanic: I have made these several times. The recipe was given to me by a very dear friend. We fix these and take to New Braunsfel, for when we go tubing on the river. Only difference is I have to double the recipe and we still run out....We like ours with extra Red Pepper Flakes... :wub:

This is authentic San Antonio Tex-Mex here!!!

Carne Guisada (meat stew)

(We usually double this to ensure plenty is left over)

2 lb beef stew meat

2 cups beef stock (I use 4 bullion cubes in 2 cups water)

2 Tbs vegetable Oil

2 cloves garlic, minced

3/4 tsp salt

1 onion, diced

2 tsp chili powder

1 tsp comino (cumin)

3 green chilis, roasted, peeled, chopped fine (serrano or jalapenos) (I use 2 serranos and 1 jalepeno)

1/8 tsp black pepper

2 fresh tomatoes, peeled, mash to a pulp.

Trim meat if needed and cut into 1 1/2" cubes. Set aside.

Sautee the diced onion in approx 2Tbs oil +/- (I go ahead and add a little chili powder and cayenne pepper to the onion as it cooks) Add cubed and trimmed meat and brown on all sides. Reduce heat. Add the tomato and the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer until the meat is tender and the liquid becomes a rich sauce, about 1 and half to 2 hours. Adjust seasonings to taste.

Serve with hot flour tortillas (to wrap meat in and eat like tacos) refried beans, queso, etc…..

Try this one..

Spicy Hot Caribbean Chicken Marinade

Ingredients

4 Green onions

2 Jalapenos (seeded)

1/3 c. Lemon juice

1/4 c. Honey

2 Tbs. Veg oil

2 Tbs. Fresh thyme leaves OR

2 Tsp. Dried thyme leaves

1/2 Tsp. Salt

1/4 Tsp. Ground allspice

1/4 Tsp. Nutmeg

6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Directions

Place all ingredients except chicken in food processor or blender and blend till smooth. Pour over chicken and marinade for 2-6 hours. No longer than 6 hours. Grill chicken and brush with marinade.

Enjoy cooking :rolleyes:

singapore restaurants