Sign in to follow this  
oucatgirl

New To Board

Hi All

I live in Norman, Ok, but, my parents are both from Texas. They have both passes away and I sometimes wish I had one of the old favorite recipes they had. Both sides of my family were excellent cooks. Mom was from Ft. Worth, and Dad was from East Texas, Palestine. Different types of recipes, but very good.

This looks like a good board to exchange recipes and tips. Hope to get some new ideas as well as recipes.

Thanks

Welcome oucatgirl. My mom was from the Norman area (ever heard of Little Ax?). I grew up in Dallas, but now live in East Texas. I try to check the message board at least once a month, but I'm not what you would call a regular. I do love the newsletter and weekly recipes, so if you haven't, you should sign up for them. There always seems to be someone to answer questions about recipes though, so if you're needing to find some old family favorites, you can probably find them here.

Welcome to the site. I was born and raised in FTW, but migrated to Dallas like many folks I know.

I was lucky in that my mother (along with her sisters) decided one of my cousins was too old to not be married and they each did something to help her snare a husband. My mother's contribution was a cookbook full of recipies that I grew up with. Yum! I wish I had the time and people to cook for. It is just me, so I rarely make any of the old treats.