lady0478

Frankoma Indian With No Stamp

I have a Frankoma # 123 Indian bowl maker. It appears to be made of the light beige Ada clay. I know this from viewing similar pieces on-line. However, after removing the felt and most of the glue from the bottom of this beauty, I can not find any markings. Is this common amongst many of the Frankoma pieces? I have no idea how to fin the value of this piece with no markings or stamps. Any information you may have would be greatly appreciated.

I also have a Frankoma pot/vase with a more red/orange colored clay. It has an impressed FRANKOMA with the elongated O and the number 27 right above the name. Any idea of it's value?

It is not uncommon for Frankoma pieces to have no marks. It doesn't affect the value much. Having one of the earlier marks will increase the value, but without a mark, it's going to be worth the average for Ada clay pieces. For your item, book value is $125-175 in good condition. Could go a little higher in a desirable clay or maybe a bit lower in a common clay.

Can you post a picture of the vase? There were several different items with ID #27. The earlier one was only made up to about 1938 - which is just about the time the oblong O mark was started. This is a smooth-sided vase with no ornamentation. Book value would be $150-175 in good condition.

However, the red/orange color says that your is probably the 2 handled Ivy bowl vase (round vase with two round handles). In red Sapulpa clay, this would be $25-30 in good condition (I would guess possibly a bit higher).

Joe,

Thank you very much for the information! I acquired these pieces from my Grandmother's estate and had no idea of their value. From your description of the 2 handled Ivy Bowl, I think that is what I have. Also, the Indian Bowl maker looksl like it has a very light brown to clear and off white glaze on it. I don't know if that matters in its value. I tried to attach a picture but can not figure out how to do that...sorry. I am new to this.

Lady,

If you open an account at one of the free photo sites, like Photobucket, you can post your photo by listing the URL for the photo in the Image Properties box.

Thank you plm555. I hope this worked for me. I opened a photobucket account, clicked on the picture in question, copied the URL and pasted in the pop up box that the image icon gave me.

I am posting a picture if anyone is interested. I am going to assume that Joe's information, after viewing the picture, is correct, if I do not receive another reply>

Thank you Joe and plm. I now know much more than I did before about my Frankoma pottery.

looks like I am still having trouble getting the photo to attach. Here is the direct link, if anyone is interested.

http://s1115.photobu...rrent=photo.jpg

Thank you plm555. I hope this worked for me. I opened a photobucket account, clicked on the picture in question, copied the URL and pasted in the pop up box that the image icon gave me.

I am posting a picture if anyone is interested. I am going to assume that Joe's information, after viewing the picture, is correct, if I do not receive another reply>

Thank you Joe and plm. I now know much more than I did before about my Frankoma pottery.

looks like I am still having trouble getting the photo to attach. Here is the direct link, if anyone is interested.

http://s1115.photobu...rrent=photo.jpg

Yes, that's the two handled ivy bowl vase. Color is brown satin. The Indian bowl maker is desert gold color.