teach

Are My Candle Holders Rare?

I have a small and large green candle holder. The large is marked 21 and small is 302. Are these considered rare? Does anyone know what time period they may be from. I love them and think they are still so cool, even today!

I have a small and large green candle holder. The large is marked 21 and small is 302. Are these considered rare? Does anyone know what time period they may be from. I love them and think they are still so cool, even today!

Do you have a picture? Or, at the very least, can you desribe them?

I don't show a candle holder marked 21. There are a couple of vases with that number, though. #302 could be a couple of different candle holders - worth anywhere from $7 to perhaps $175.

Do you have a picture? Or, at the very least, can you desribe them?

I don't show a candle holder marked 21. There are a couple of vases with that number, though. #302 could be a couple of different candle holders - worth anywhere from $7 to perhaps $175.

They are kind of mod looking. Large opening in front with both sides coming up in a point, with one side higher than the other. My grandma may have bought them anytime in the 1970's or earlier. Thanks for any more help you may have.

They are kind of mod looking. Large opening in front with both sides coming up in a point, with one side higher than the other. My grandma may have bought them anytime in the 1970's or earlier. Thanks for any more help you may have.

OK. I think I've got it - those were sold as free form vases rather than as candle holders.

See if these are the ones:

http://www.frankomacollector.com/Catalog%20Scans/1964%20Frankoma%20Catalog/1964%20CatalogH%2016.pdf

(If that doesn't work, go to http://www.frankomacollector.com/Index.html. Click on 'catalogs'. Then '1964', then page 16).

If that's the case, they're about $10 each. Neither one is particularly rare. They were each produced from around 1964 to mid 70's.