shelleycn

Mayan-Aztec 7Q Oval Platter

Hi, living here in western PA I'm a fan of Fiesta, but Frankoma is new to me. I'm cleaning out some flower arranging containers and found this lovely oval low dish that I thought was for arranging--given to me years a go by an elderly garden club member. From the research I've been doing on-line this past hour it is Desert Gold, but I'm not sure about the type of clay--the bisque only bottom is a warm peachy tan--Ada or Sapulpa??? Going price seems +,- $20, depending on clay type. My daughter has been collecting Fiesta, and is in need of serving pieces--how do collectors feel about co-mingling pieces???

Thanks!

Hi, living here in western PA I'm a fan of Fiesta, but Frankoma is new to me. I'm cleaning out some flower arranging containers and found this lovely oval low dish that I thought was for arranging--given to me years a go by an elderly garden club member. From the research I've been doing on-line this past hour it is Desert Gold, but I'm not sure about the type of clay--the bisque only bottom is a warm peachy tan--Ada or Sapulpa??? Going price seems +,- $20, depending on clay type. My daughter has been collecting Fiesta, and is in need of serving pieces--how do collectors feel about co-mingling pieces???

Thanks!

There's certainly no harm in it. It's solely a matter of personal taste. Some people want all their pieces to match and others don't care. It's not like you're dealing with some rare, valuable piece, so if she likes it, let her mingle.

If your piece as a peach color, I'm guessing Sapulpa - there weren't that many Mayan pieces made from Ada, AFAIK.