Curt

Help Identify Frankoma

I have acquired some Frankoma that I need help identifing and finding a value of these items, I can not locate on the internet.

The first is a 15 1/2 inch walking Puma, it appears to be made of Ada Clay. the second item is a set of 5 coaster made for Harley Davidson. I understand these were not sold in Frankoma store but was a limited run made to be given to buyers of Harleys during an Anniversay promotion. Any help would be appreciated before I try to sell these items. Thanks

I have acquired some Frankoma that I need help identifing and finding a value of these items, I can not locate on the internet.

The first is a 15 1/2 inch walking Puma, it appears to be made of Ada Clay. the second item is a set of 5 coaster made for Harley Davidson. I understand these were not sold in Frankoma store but was a limited run made to be given to buyers of Harleys during an Anniversay promotion. Any help would be appreciated before I try to sell these items. Thanks

The coasters are a set of custom pieces made for Harley Davidson. Frankoma made a LOT of custom pieces for various organizations. They would probably be more valuable to a Harley collector than a Frankoma collector.

The Puma could be a number of things. A photo would help or a better description (for example, is the animal on a base or freestanding? What color is it?).

From the size, I'm guessing it would be a pacing leopard, #104L. The pacing leopard has no base - the animal is just standing on the table. It was only made in Ada clay (honey-tan color). Book value is $500-750. If it's a common color, the low end of that range is about right. If it's an unusual color, it would be at the high end-or maybe a bit higher.

Thanks for the info. I can't seem to download a picture, but the leopard is not on a base like some I have seen, so it must be the walking leopard.

It is black so I would think that was a common color.

If you go to one of the free photo sites like PhotoBucket or Flickr, you can upload your photo and then link to it in a post. And you're right about black being one of the more common glazes.