eeyorenutsforjava

Cranberry Salad

Cranberry Salad

1 pound ocean spray cranberries ( I use two bags for a double batch.)

1 c sugar ( I leave this the same.)

1 16 oz can crushed pineapple ( I use two cans.)

1 pound mini marshmallows ( I use two bags. )

1 pint whipping cream ( I use two pints of the whipping cream.)

Directions

Put the cranberries through a food grinder. Combine the cranberries and sugar mixing well; cover and refrigerate for one hour. combine the marshmallows and the crushed pineapple juice and all and mix very well. Cover and refrigerate for one hour. Whip the whipping cream, combine the two refrigerated mixtures into one bowl, fold in the whipped cream. Put into 2 9" square pans; freeze until firm. Store any leftover salad in the freezer.

You can also substitute the sugar with Splenda or even Equal to make it more diabetic friendly, I have done this and it works great, to me it tastes the same. :) hope everyone enjoys this.

Thanks, eeyore. Good recipe!

Your welcome. It's one of my favorite recipes. And my husband absolutely loves it. :)

Cranberry Salad

1 pound ocean spray cranberries ( I use two bags for a double batch.)

1 c sugar ( I leave this the same.)

1 16 oz can crushed pineapple ( I use two cans.)

1 pound mini marshmallows ( I use two bags. )

1 pint whipping cream ( I use two pints of the whipping cream.)

Directions

Put the cranberries through a food grinder. Combine the cranberries and sugar mixing well; cover and refrigerate for one hour. combine the marshmallows and the crushed pineapple juice and all and mix very well. Cover and refrigerate for one hour. Whip the whipping cream, combine the two refrigerated mixtures into one bowl, fold in the whipped cream. Put into 2 9" square pans; freeze until firm. Store any leftover salad in the freezer.

You can also substitute the sugar with Splenda or even Equal to make it more diabetic friendly, I have done this and it works great, to me it tastes the same. :) hope everyone enjoys this.

Yummy! Just ate fruit salad that I prepared the other day. It tastes like ice cream. :) I'll prepare this cranberry salad on Monday :D